Sunday 20 March 2011

La belle France???

Okay, so i've been in the very sleepy village of Chambolle Musigny for almost eleven days now. That's right, eleven!!! Finally had the time to install the dongle that dad bought for me, cause, being rural France, there is of course no internet.

What can i say, it's been such an emotional time since i arrived. Everyone is friendly enough, and Chambolle and the surrounding villages are very pretty, but i am definitely not cut out for such long working hours. It wouldn't be so bad if i were comfortable with the work, knew anything about wine, and could speak french courrament (fluently). Alas no can do.

One thing i have learnt this year, is that i am a homebird. I am never, repeat NEVER living or working abroad once this is all over. I've come to the decision that i am so fed up of languages - the mere thought of having to complete yet another year at university before i have graduated fills me with dread. I guess i'm just not cut out for this at all.

My parents most likely think i am ungrateful. Goodness knows most people would love this opportunity that i have been given. I however, just don't think it's for me at all. I'm in the tiniest of french villages, surrounded by only french people. I've had to speak french from the moment i've woken up until the moment i've gone to bed since the day i started work, and let me tell you that is beyond tiring. Add to that the most enormous feeling of homesickness, and you're left with one very unhappy, tear-streaked faced Abi.

I don't mean to constantly moan on here, even though it looks that that's all i've done in every post.

It's not all bad i guess... my family are coming to visit in 6 weeks time, and then my lovely boyfriend shortly afterwards. I have those things to look forward to. But, quite frankly, the 30th June cannot come fast enough for me. I really really wish, more than anything else i've ever wished for, that i could come home right now.

Mum, if you're reading this, i know we keep talking about it, and i know you all want me to stay here and finish, but i don't think i can cope for much longer. This is the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my life. I'm not saying i'm workshy, cause i know i work damn hard, and i always give 100% in everything i do. But please, i genuinely have had enough. This is just that bit too hard for me. It's definitely all way too soon after Germany. I need to be home. Please. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment